quarta-feira, 1 de março de 2017

Who I am and why I opened and Etsy Shop

Hi everyone!

My name is Filomena Silva and I'm a Freelance Journalist, Henna Artist and Supplier from Portugal.


To start this blog, what could be better as a young entrepreneur talking about her passion?! Exactly! Today I'm gonna show you a little bit about my business and what made me create my Etsy Shop.

Well, I love henna, and I am passionate about making one-of-a-kind Henna hand painted gifts.

I was raised by an Indian family in Lisbon, Portugal. So, Henna has been a part of my life since my childhood.

At first glance, my items seem to have nothing in common. But they do! I use the Henna Technique with different materials to create customized items. This helps me to increase my creativity and create original handmade products specially for you.

Incense holder / Hand painted candles / Henna on canvas / Henna kit

Filomena's Mehendi, why?


Mehendi is the indian designation to Henna. Henna or Lawsonia inermis is a flowering plant that I use to make henna paste and make designs on skin.

Henna stain development

Henna has been used since antiquity to dye skin, hair and fingernails, as well as fabrics including silk, wool and leather.

Why an Etsy Shop?


In 2015 I was not available to do craft fairs because of my full-time job. Making things to let them on a dusty shelf was not in my plans and stop creating new products either. So, I started to look for a way to sell my products and I decided to open an Etsy Shop because the Search Engines are already created, the website is very intuitive and it has lots of features to help me to establish an online business.

On 31 August 2015 my store was launched. I listed a few products with blurry photos, poor descriptions and almost no SEO. I started to read the Seller Handbook and improving everyday. Two months later and after listing my 48 items I got my first "non relative" sale. In fact, until today, all my sales were made to non relatives.

I don't consider myself an expert or a guru. None of that. I have lots of things to learn and everything I've learned I owe it to experienced entrepreneurs who help me to understand how the things work.

What can you find at my Etsy Shop?


You can find hand painted tambourines and canvas that I paint with real henna. I also make candle holders, hand painted candles and incense holders, some terracota jewelry, hand painted stones, and of course, Henna supplies.

Hand Painted Henna Tambourine / Henna Kit

And the best thing is: You can customize a lot of articles according with your needs.

Curious?! You can have a look by yourself here.

Feel free to send me a message anytime and don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or both. If you still want to know more about my work you can also have a look at my website.

If you would like to be featured on this blog and have an article similar to this one written specially to your Etsy Shop you can order here and in 3 days, maximum, you can read your story here.

Keep doing things with love and joy.

Filomena

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...